The Santegian Rebellion was a war that lasted from 1617 to 1619 in the continent of Asul. In the beginning it involved the Principality of Evreux and two noble Houses that opposed its rule: House de Savin and House de Castro. Following the declaration of war, a military alliance was formed between the Kingdom of Santegia (formerly the Duchy of Savinia and Barony of Castrov) and majority of the world’s nations; collectively known as the Second Axionite Coalition. The Principality of Evreux was supported by the Holy Orenian Empire.
In 1618, the Holy Orenian Empire began their offensive on the Duchy of Savinia in a small town of Castell, where the Coalition was victorious. Small skirmishes occurred in the proximity of both capitals for a year before the Coalition launched a siege to the County of Trier in 1619.
The war concluded in a peace treaty signed following the Siege of Trier. The Holy Orenian Empire agreed to issue a formal apology, give 70k mina to the Coalition, and cede the entire Principality of Evreux to the Kingdom of Savinia.
The Rebellion altered political domains in Asul. The Kingdom of Santegia increased their land to cover County of Trier and the former capital Aleksandria, along with the rest of Evreux, and strengthened their status in the world. The Principality of Evreux was dissolved and their ruling noble House of Halcourt established themselves in the Crownlands in Tahn.
The beginning of the conflict was overshadowed by a crossfire between House de Castro and House Baden that had lasted for years before the war began. As Courland dissolved into the Principality of Evreux in 1615, a year after Holy Orenian Empire reformed, many noble Houses were left with uncertainty as their loyalty was put to a test. The newly founded Principality of Evreux expected noble Houses within its lands to swear fealty to it, while the Duchy of Savinia sought to overthrow the new Halcourt regime.
Abdes de Savin and Elias de Castro were summoned to the palace of Aleksandria to discuss their vassalization to Evreux. A heated argument took place that resulted to blades being drawn. This incident then led to the death of many Evreuxian guards as well as Frederick Staunton-Baden. The De Savins and de Castros attempted to coup the city, although abandoning said endeavor in the process
Following the attempt of a coup, The Principality of Evreux denounced both Houses for rebellious actions, and thus the Emperor of Oren, John V, ordered them to relinquish their titles within Evreux and leave their land before Imperial army would arrive to deal with the matter. As de Savin and de Castro resisted this order, a stage for a war was set.
- 1617 - Strife at Aleksandria - Indecisive
- 1618 - Battle for Castell - Coalition victory
- 1619 - Siege of Trier - Coalition victory
- The Holy Orenian Empire is reformed, with the new capital Auguston settled in the Crownlands in Tahn.
- House de Savin and House de Castro refuse to vassalize under the Principality of Evreux, leading to conflict in the palace of Aleksandria. Frederick Staunton-Baden is killed, and the two houses attempt to coup the capital city.
- The Savin-Castro coup attempt is foiled by Evreuxian and Imperial forces.
- The Holy Orenian Empire and the Principality of Evreux denounce houses de Savin and de Castro for the coup attempt, and vow a swift punishment.
- The Second Axionite Coalition against the Principality of Evreux and the Holy Orenian Empire is signed between the Kingdom of Santegia and its vassals, the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, the Kingdom of Norland, Principality of Veris, and War Nation of Krugmar.
- Imperial force advances towards the Duchy of Savinia, clashing with the Coalition host on the fields of Castell, resulting in a Coalition victory.
- Minor skirmishes take place around Asul.
- The Coalition plunders siege weaponry under preparations of the Siege of Trier.
- The Coalition forces begin a six month long siege on the County of Trier, home to House Baden, capturing it after a swift assault.
- The Holy Orenian Empire issues an apology to the Coalition, thus ending the war.
- The Principality of Evreux is dissolved, with the ruling House of Halcourt establishing themselves in the Crownlands in Tahn.