Presa de Madera
The capital of The Kingdom of Santegia-Haria, Presa de Madera was situated in the south-east of Atlas at the delta of the Timberwoods River. The city acted as the seat of House de Savin and was constructed in 1641. Presa de Madera was known for its vast array of cultures and languages, as well as being home to many landmarks and attractions. The majority of the population were human, mainly of Heartlander and Farfolk origins.
Following the exodus in 1640, the Santegian and Harian ships arrived along the eastern coast of Atlas, ultimately settling upon the Timberwoods delta - chosen for its abundance of fertile ground. Presa de Madera would be gradually built across the islands of the delta, utilising its distributaries as a source of food and as a medium for transport. The distributaries of the delta would eventually form the eminent canals of the city, as each island was reinforced with stone banks to prevent erosion or degradation, becoming an integral aspect of the city's transportation and defenses. Further alterations were made to the surrounding land of the city, including the widening of the main distributary, allowing for the construction of earthen dikes and enabling for the erection of the city's infamously tall walls. The plains beyond its banks were significantly transformed from agriculture over time, as a result of the accumulation of alluvium in its soil. Following the completion of the city walls, a festival was held to celebrate the opening where those of all races came to explore the various landmarks and streets within the city.
Presa de Madera was situated in the Timberwoods region of the south-east of Atlas. The largest gate in the city - The Stallion Archway - opened onto the mouth of the Timberwood River, which allowed trading vessels and small galleys to sail directly from nearby settlements into the city itself. The vast sects of plains that surrounded the city provided prime farmland for bountiful harvests and grazing.
The city was divided into nine distinct islands, each reinforced by stone banks and supported by a vast system of sewers.
- Leoiarizaltzu de Savin, Former King of Santegia-Haria