War:War of Grudges
The War of Grudges, otherwise known as the Urguan-Norlandic War, was a war fought in 1607-1612, between the Kingdom of Norland and the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. The conflict started in 1607 after Norlandic soldiers killed several Dwarves belonging to the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. The war would rage on for six long years before ending at the crushing Dwarven defeat at the Second Siege of The Krag with a peace treaty.
The War of the Grudges started in 1607 after the slaughter of several dwarves by the hands of the Kingdom of Norland. Many historians believed the war stemmed from multiple feuds that the Grand Kingdom of Urguan had held since several decades prior. Later that same year, the Grand Kingdom of Urguan formed several alliances with the Teutonic Order, and the Grand Horde of Dunamis, before declaring war on the Kingdom of Norland. Thus began of the War of Grudges.
- 1608 - Battle of Blodskogr - Dwarven Victory
- 1609 - Siege of Small Fort - Dwarven Victory
- 1610 - Siege of The Krag - Norlandic Victory
- 1611 - Second Siege of The Krag - Norlandic Victory
- The two armies met on a field in a battle that would be known as the Battle of Blodskogr, resulting in a decisive Urugan victory
- Norland retreats to its capital of the Krag, a fortress located near the Silver State of Haelun’or. The combined forces besiege the fortress. Donovan Ruric outplays the Grand King in hiring the Dunamis Mercenaries, successfully switching their allegiance to Norland.
- The Grand Kingdom of Urguan begins its assault on the Norlandic capital of The Krag, resulting in a surprising Norlandic victory in a battle known as the Siege of The Krag.
- After failing to take The Krag twice, the two nations finally signed peace after six years of bloodshed.