The Rubern War also known as the AIS War occurred in the 18th century between The Holy Orenian Empire & The Alliance of Independent States. It was primarily fought along roads & settlements bordering the Rubern River which is where the war got its primary name from. Sparked in 1740, the war ended in 1760, making it one of the longest-lasting wars in known history.
- The Holy Orenian Empire, and its allies and vassal-states were led by Peter III, Holy Orenian Emperor. This consisted of:
- The Alliance of Independent States and its allies and vassal-states were led by Godric I, Duke of Morsgrad. This consisted of:
- The Duchy of Morsgrad.
- The Principality of Rubern.
- The Rexdom of Krugmar
- The Blessed Diarchy of Haelun'or
- The Archduchy of Suffonia
- The Royaume of Auvergne
- The Order of Arjen Cross
- The Confederation of Mau'Madur
- The Piastdom of Zakopane
- The Forest Realm of Irrinor
- The Union of Renelia-Gladewynn
- The Sovereign State of Talon's Grotto
- The Sheikhdom of Al-Faiz
- Mercenaries of Russ (1744-1745)
The Rubern War was publically announced shortly after the Three Skirmishes of Rubern, which resulted in the capture of the Emperor in 1740. This declaration announced that the Alliance of Independent States would march upon the city of New Reza.
The cause of this war is dated several months before in which a small force from Haense met up with a Hansetic deserter, who stole from the Hansetic armory, in what they thought was a neutral territory in Rubern to arrest and put him on trial. Though the small party was met with a Ruberni attacking them as well as Godric I, Duke of Morsgrad ambushing and killing the small Hansetic force. After the encounter Godric Ruric would meet King Andrew III at the gates of New Reza where he demanded for two Hansetic officers in return for the captured Hansetic soldier, who was captured in the ambush, King Andrew III denied the offer by suggesting to host a meeting in a neutral area in order to figure out what happened at Rubern. The Duke refused the King's offer to which led him to promptly send an ultimatum to the Holy Orenian Empire; it stated that they shall pay a weregild of 15,000 mina, lest war come to their borders. The ultimatum was promptly rejected by Peter III, Holy Orenian Emperor.
- 1740, Three Skirmishes of Rubern - AIS Victory
- 1741, Battle of Helena's Fields 1741 - AIS Victory
- 1742, Battle of Hangman's Bridge - Orenian Victory
- 1742, Doran Rurics Folly - AIS Victory
- 1753, Battle of Adria 1753 - AIS Victory
- 1754, Battle of Krasna - AIS Victory
- 1756, Battle of Rubern - Orenian Victory
- Tensions rise between the AIS and Imperial factions, eventually breaking out in conflict, marking the beginning of the Rubern War.
- The AIS assemble their best men and send them on a daring mission to capture the Empress, this turning into a major success for the AIS as they managed to apprehend the Emperor while he led a raid to recover her, the AIS soldiers have taken down three Orenian forces that had tried to retrieve the emperor, eventually the emperor would have been released with grave injuries and treated by the monks of Cloud Temple, the empress being returned unharmed. This operation was known as the Three Skirmishes of Rubern, A victory for the AIS through military means.
- After constant raids and incursions on the Imperial borders by AIS troops, the Imperial Legions rally in the capital of Helena whilst the AIS gain news of this and rally in Rubern, the two meet in the fields outside of Helena causing a large scale battle, the largest of the war so far to occur known as the Battle of Helena's Fields ending in a decisive AIS victory.
- Duke Godric would issue a series of demands to Peter III which were swiftly denied by the Emperor, prompting for the AIS men to begin preparation for an invasion into the Orenian Heartlands.