The capital of the Kingdom of Haense, Karosgrad (High Imperial: --, New Marian: --) acts as the epicenter of administrative and diplomatic affairs of the kingdom, and is populated by Northerners and Highlanders of all descent. The city is the seat of the House of Barbanov, who reside in palace of Nikirala Prikaz in the easternmost district of the city. The city is a paramount site of activity within the Kingdom of Haense, and is the most frequented settlement of any in the nation. The name 'Karosgrad' translates roughly to 'City of Crows'.
Notable Figures of Karosgrad
- Henry II, King of Hanseti-Ruska
- Annika of Astfield, Queen consort of Hanseti-Ruska
- Prince Sigismund Charles, Crown Prince
- Adrian Colborn, Lord Palatine
- Sir Alric Ruthern, Lord Marshal
- Sir Konstantin Wick, Former Lord Palatine
- Duke Manfred Barclay, Former Lord Marshal
- Joseph I, King of Hanseti-Ruska
- Viktoria of Metterden, Queen Mother of Hanseti-Ruska
- Isabel of Valwyck, Queen Mother of Hanseti-Ruska
- Mariya of Aurveldt, Queen of Hanseti-Ruska
- Edvard Amador, Lord Treasurer
- Karl Amador, Lord Maer of Karosgrad
- Ser Boris Ruthern, Knight Paramount
- Irene of Metterden, Lady Speaker
- Igor Kort, Lord Speaker
The Nikirala Prikaz is the seat of House Barbanov and its current Patriarch, King Joseph I. The castle was named the ‘Winter Palace’ in the kingdom’s national language of New Marian due to the city being close to the forever winter up north.
St. Henrik's Basilica
St. Henrik's Basilica is the Cathedral of Haense, being the seat of the Patriarch of Jorenus, Alfred Barclay. It is situated near the cities square and by its markets, and often used for weddings or other traditional ceremonies.