The Isles of Axios (1571-1642) is a previous realm of the Lord of the Craft, it replaced The Isles of Vailor in the in game year of 1571.
Axios consists of three major islands, Tahn, Asul and Ceru. Large ancient ruins can be spotted across the islands, being the remnants of previous colonisers.
The island of Tahn is the largest island in Axios, and is home to the Kingdom of Haense, parts of the Kingdom of Courland, the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, the Dominion of Malin, the Silver State of Haelun'or, the War Nation of Krugmar, the Kingdom of Lorraine-Savoy, the Kingdom of the Westerlands and the Warhawke Chiefdom the Kingdom of Norland.. Vast mountain ranges dot the landscape, with plains that spread wide and thin. The vast forests that span the southern tip have made home to the wood elves, while the dwarves have carved their homes in the mountains. Large swathes of desert lie to the east, separating the dwarves from the wood elves.
Asul has been host to much of the conflict in Axios, being once the home of the War Uzg and the Dreadlands before their conquest by the Holy Orenian Empire. After the dissolution of the Holy Orenian Empire, the Kingdom of Courland seized the empire's old land on Asul. It now hosts two independent nations: The Kingdom of Courland and The Sultanate of Haria.
Of the three islands, Ceru is the least diverse with ice and snow to the north, and thick forests to the south. The Federation of Sutica is the only nation that occupies this island, coupled with its wealth it has allowed them to expand rapidly over the near entirety of the island. In the northern mountains of Ceru lies the palace belonging to the Princedom of Fenn.
1571: The descendant races arrive in The Isles of Axios after leaving The Isles of Vailor.
1576: The conquest and dissolution of the Dreadlands by the Holy Orenian Empire.
1578: Coronation of King Peter I of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, a vassal of the Holy Orenian Empire.
1582: On the 8th of The Grand Harvest, Torvin Grandaxe was crowned King of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan.
1593: The formation of the Coalition against the Holy Orenian Empire, fronted by the Kingdom of Courland.
1593: Grand King Algoda Frostbeard is captured by the Holy Orenian Empire. After brief interrogation, he was then swiftly executed by Philip I giving birth to the famous last words, "This changes nothing".
1594: On the 15th of The Sun's Smile, the signing of the Pax Occidenti and the Grayspine Concord occurred. Marking the release of the Westerlands and the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, from the Holy Orenian Empire.
1595: Dissolution of the Holy Orenian Empire.
1600: Prince Meric Staunton of Courland is assassinated on the streets of St. Karlsburg. The Kingdom of Haense successfully sieges the keep of the House of Brawm in an infamous assault known as The Siege of Houndsden.
1603: The Kingdom of Courland and the Kingdom of Haense fight in the forests below the mountains of Tahn in the so called 'The Battle of Elba' with the Kingdom of Courland gaining a compelling victory over the Haensetic forces.
1604: The Kingdom of Courland lay siege to the Kingdom of Haense's fort of Vasiland, after an indisputable victory for the Kingdom of Courland the two Kingdoms signed a pact, stating that The Kingdom of Haense was dissolved and all land once belonging to the Kingdom came into the posession of the Kingdom of Courland.
1606: After the war with Haense The Kingdom of Courland attempts to help Savoyard rebels regain the Duchy of Mardon, which seceded from the Kingdom. The following field battle is won by the Kingdom of Courland.
1607: The Kingdom of Courland and the Kingdom of Mardon sign a peace treaty after the battle, Courland deciding they did not need to be part of this war. The Grand Kingdom of Urguan declares war on the Kingdom of Norland. The King of Lorraine-Savoy is assassinated, a civil war between three factions grabbing for power of the Kingdom of Lorraine-Savoy.
1609 Holy Orenian Empire is reformed with Mardon as it's capital.
1609 The Westerlandic city of Bastion falls to the undead forces of Mordring, the area around it becoming heavily tainted.
1610-1611 The dwarven forces of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan besiege the Kingdom of Norland in what will be known as the first and second siege of the Krag. The people of Norland ultimately repel the dwarves with the aid of Dunamis mercenaries, resulting in a white peace between the two kingdoms.
1615: Mordring's forces abruptly withdraw back into the portal of the Abyss, and destroy the portal, cutting off their connection with the West. Axios is free of the their threat for a time. The Kingdom of Courland is dissolved into the Principality of Evreux by Joseph Staunton I after mounting Orenian pressure.
1617: A rebellion breaks out in the Courlandic houses of de Savin and de Castro, a skirmish occurs in the fields of Asul, resulting in an overwhelming victory for the forces of the rebellion. A coalition is also formed between the War Nation of Krugmar, Grand Kingdom of Urguan and the Kingdom of Norland to fight the Orenians.
1619: A successful siege by the coalition on the County of Trier puts them one step closer to sieging Aleksandria.
1620: A peace treaty is signed between Oren and the Coalition, with Oren giving up all their lands on Asul to the Kingdom of Santegia
1636: The Grand Kingdom of Urguan is dissolved and conquered by the coalition forces of the Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah, Kingdom of Norland, the Warnation of Krugmar, the Kingdom of Santegia, and the Chiefdom of the Warhawkes.
1637. A group led by Canonius I attempts to take control of the Holy Orenian Empire, leading to the death of Emperor John VI. This leads to several months of fighting before Canonius finally is inducted as the King of Renatus, with the land of the Oren's capital going to the newly reformed Kingdom of Renatus.
1640 The Kingdoms of Renatus, Marna and Hanseti-Ruska along with their Allies launch a campaign against Norland called the Third Crusade. The battle that follows is known as the Battle of Rochdale and ends with Crusader Victory.
1641 The allied Kingdoms continue their push against Norland and engage them in one final battle known as the Siege of Vjorhelm, resulting in an overwhelming Crusader victory. The city of Vjorhelm is sacked and razed to the ground.
Nature of the Realm
Official Nations of The Isles of Axios
- The Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah, the nation of the Dwarves.
- The War Uzg, the war nation of the orcs.
- The Holy Orenian Empire, the empire of the humans.
- The Sohaerate of Haelun'or, the high elven nation.
- The Princedom of Fenn, the nation of the Snow Elves.
- The Dominion of Malin, the realm of the wood elves and dark elves.
- The Sutican Isles, a merchant nation.
- The Kingdom of Courland, the human Kingdom taking vast swathes of territory belonging to the former Holy Orenian Empire.
- The Kingdom of Haense, once part of The Holy Orenian Empire it sits in the far north of Tahn and is the home of most Highlanders.
- The Kingdom of the Westerlands, once part of the Holy Orenian Empire now controls the city of Bastion near Death's End.
- The Kingdom of Norland, Formed after the dissolution of the Holy Orenian Empire
- The Kingdom of Santegia, formed by Savinians rebelling against the Holy Orenian Empire
Cities and Settlements ' (Capitals of major nations are marked in bold, while ruined towns are italicized.)
- Johannesburg, previous capital of the Holy Orenian Empire, home of the humans.
- Haelun'or, the capital city of Sohaerate of Haelun'or, home of the high elves.
- Jornheim, the capital of the Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah, home of the dwarves.
- Linandria, the capital of the Dominion of Malin, home of the wood elves and dark elves.
- San'Garath, the former capital of the War Uzg, home of the orcs.
- Sutica, the capital of The Sutican Isles.
- Ker'nor, city in the Dominion of Malin, home of the dark elves.
- Reedsborough, the small halfling village in The Sutican Isles.
- St. Karlsburg, the capital of Kingdom of Haense, inhabited by a large highlander population
- Aleksandria, the capital of the Kingdom of Courland, a large southern Kingdom succeeding the Holy Orenian Empire..
- Vjorhelm, the capital of the Kingdom of Norland
- San'Raakh, the capital of the reformed Orcish War Nation of Krugmar.
- King Peter I, the founder and first King of the dual monarchy of Hanseti-Ruska.
- Tobias Staunton, King of Courland and leader of a successful rebellion against the Empire.
- Caius Sigismund Horen I, The second king of the Kingdom of the Westerlands.
- Sultan Arlen Kharadeen, Sultan of the Sultanate of Haria.
- Princess Anna Sophia of Pruvia, Princess of Pruvia and Queen of Lotharingia.
- Donovan Ruric, King of Norland, known for defeating Dwarven invaders during the War of Grudges, with all odds stacked against him.
- John I of Lotharingia, King of the Kingdom of Lorraine-Savoy.
- Philip I, Holy Orenian Emperor, the final Emperor to take the throne during the Year of Four Emperors. Known for destroying the capital city of the Fifth Empire, Johannesburg.
- Abdes de Savin, King of the Kingdom of Santegia founder of the Kingdom of Santegia, leader of a successful rebellion against the Empire in the Santegian Rebellion
- Javier Ruric, King of the Kingdom of Norland responsible for reviving Norland, and leading it through countless victories.
- Tristin, current High Prince of the Dominion of Malin.
- Grand Prince Aelthir Tundrak II, fourth Grand Prince of the Princedom of Fenn.
- Artimec Caerme'onn, currently a prince of Laureh'lin.
- Dak'ir Des'nox, previous Prince of Ker'nor, and current Patriach of Ker'nor.
- Jayce Des'nox, current Prince of Ker'nor.
- Princess Lilyana, ruler of The Sutican Isles.
- Ereinion Taloha, chief of the Chiefdom of the Warhawkes.
- Parion Tahn'thill, Councillor and Sohaer of Haelun'or, responsible for the recovery of the High Elven city. He was later executed by Orenian forces for suspected treason.
- Orsino Acal'elor, the first Orenian installed Uthir of Haelun'or.
- Ithrendas Iyliar, a High Elf known for many reasons, including the coup of Orsino Acal'elor that allowed Haelun'or to support the Coalition.
- Kalalain Thylsealaes of House Vortral, King of Veris, the City of Eagles.
- Torvin Grandaxe, second Grand King of Urguan in Axios, later named Hero of the Brathmordakin with the name Torvin 'The Dragon'.
- Drynn Ireheart
- Algoda Frostbeard
- Grand King Bastion Ireheart
- Grand King Gror Ireheart
- Verthaik II Frostbeard
- Rex Kulgarok'Lak
- Rex Vorgo'Yar, Rex of Early Axios and Orgon's thwarter.
- Rex Drokon'Ugluk
- Rex U'la'Yar
|Vekaro · Kaldonia · Krughanistan · Kal'Arkon · Tahn'siol · Atgaard · Alras · Ivybend · Orc camp||Haelun'or · The Imperium of Oren · Grand Kingdom of Urguan|